This position has the unique opportunity to accelerate the growth of the B+L Vision Care business through the management of our Strategic Accounts channel. The Strategic Account Manager (SAM) is responsible for prospecting new Strategic Account groups by leveraging B+Ls innovative and diverse product portfolio. Additionally the (SAM) will manage an existing portfolio of Strategic Accounts by developing and managing the cross-functional relationship between Sales, Brand and Customer Marketing, CSI , Customer Service and other key B+L departments to analyze, develop, and implement business plans for each of our Strategic Accounts partners. Manage execution of account specific strategy, programs, logistics, processes or tactics that contribute to the growth of B+L sales and share.
These programs / strategies include:
- Launch new products.
- Leverage account resources (Co-op, Growth Programs, Custom Signage, Fit Sets) to grow sales and share.
- Ensure strategies are integrated and executed at field level, through VTM co-travels, providing relevant data and participation in field sales conference calls and meetings. Expectations for time in field with VTMs and customers are 60-days per year.
- Effectively communicate account strategies to the field sales team while keeping sales and sales management informed on all aspects of the business.
- Manage communication with our Strategic Accounts to ensure headquarter alignment and in store execution of agreed upon strategies.
- Serve as point person to facilitate and influence relationships with cross-level customer personnel throughout all Strategic Account organizations, to ensure effective account management, customer service, utilizing analytical and consultative skills to understand key Strategic Account objectives. This includes: sales volume quota, customer defined performance metrics, category management initiatives, regional strategies, promotional program coordination, productivity and ROI
- The Strategic Account Manager will be responsible for managing and aligning all support resources for these customers, including EDI, VMI, category management, and promotion management. Will also be responsible for the effective management and maximization of the P&L for their customer base, including pricing programs, cooperative fund management and sales execution. This position requires excellent analytical skills and forecasting acumen to provide accurate and timely reporting on key metrics such as consumption projections, ROI versus resources deployed, key competitive insights, market trends and new product opportunities. Update internal materials via the SIC. This includes:
- Effectively establishing a communication cadence that evaluates performance against objectives and provides results and feedback to Director; making appropriate recommendations on resource performance.