Bausch Health, Inc. is a diverse and decentralized pharmaceutical company that is committed to focusing on our key stakeholders while delivering consistently high performance. Our values provide the overall direction for our company, and provide us with the tools necessary to rise to any challenge by leveraging our collective hard work and effort along with our unwavering competitive spirit. These values help us set goals based on our organization’s potential and what we hope it will become.
The Equipment Applications Specialist, Lasers is a professional position whose primary objective is to provide a high level of education and technical support for Bausch + Lomb laser surgery products. This highly trained specialist plays a leading role within a support organization that is critical to the growth of the company’s surgical business worldwide. Ideal candidates would reside near a major hub city for travel such as Columbus, Detroit, Philadelphia, Rochester...etc.
In-service (train) customer ophthalmic staff on company manufactured medical device equipment, according to company standards, to include: laser, diagnostic, microkeratome, calculation software:
• Certify customer ophthalmic staff on company manufactured medical device equipment after training during surgery observation & guidance, according to company standards, to include: laser, micro keratome , diagnostics.
• In-service (train) ophthalmic staff on data collection and data collection software, medical device equipment upgrades.
• Provide pre-determined territory support to customers (after sales support) via telephone, email, or on-site visits with regards to training, applications, troubleshooting/product complaints (field territory customer phone calls.
• Provide applications support at conventions or user meetings.
• Complete application and in-service reports according to processes outlined by manager or company.
o Thoroughly complete and submit any paperwork necessary with regards to complaints, product complaints or complications from a training or applications-perspective.
• Attend and participate in product training or product upgrade training meetings.
o Travel to headquarters for product training is possible.
• Arrange weekly travel according to company policies and procedures.
• Manage and submit weekly travel schedule to manager and service dispatch.
• Participate in conference calls as necessary.
• Conduct "lunch and learn" meetings with customers or potential customers.
Prepare and present educational presentations to customers or potential customers when necessary.
• Co-travel, host co-travel when necessary with manager, sales or marketing managers, or other application specialists.
• Continue technology education via reading and articulating facts from trade journal articles.
• Convey/communicate company marketing messages to customers or potential customers on platform products and technology.
• Complete weekly expense reporting according to company policies and procedures.
Responsible to manage clinics within region for training needs.
Operate within a team budget to coordinate travel and training needs.
Maintain and grow strong clinical relationships with surgeons, technicians, and support staff.
Bachelor's degree , appropriate ophthalmic certification or a minimum of 4 years of cataract and/or refractive surgical experience.
• Preferred experience; COA, C.O.T., C.O.M.T. with significant experience in cataract phacoemulsification surgery or refractive surgery.
• Extensive travel is required.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a pleasant, responsive attitude to be highly effective in a clinical teaching environment.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to establish priorities to meet goals.
• Highly motivated and results driven.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs.