- Design and development of new contact lens / formulation including polymer resin.
- Utilize extensive knowledge of polymer chemistry principles for materials selection/management, formulation processes to enhance the scalability and quality of the lens material
- Analysis of silicone raw materials, intermediate formulation mixes and final formulations using various state-of-the-art analytical techniques including but not limited to GPC, HPLC, GC, rheometer, UV-vis and others
- Responsible for polymer synthesis, materials formulation, polymer characterization and testing for production.
- Use quality-by-design approach for improved yields, reproducibility and process improvement.
- Be hands-on and responsible for providing technical leadership and direction for scaling up and tech-transfer including interaction with external vendors
- Possess continuous improvement experience with emphasis in the laboratory information management and deployment of LEAN/Six Sigma, analytical methods and manufacturing process development for polymeric materials.
- Accurate record keeping both electronically and in a laboratory notebook. The employee will also assist colleagues with routine departmental responsibilities (i.e. lab cleanliness, safety, ordering/restocking, etc.).
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, or equivalent; and more than 7- 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong preference for a minimum of 10 years in medical devices industry where synthetic polymer chemistry is a critical element essential in the product. Strong background in synthetic / polymer and analytical techniques for silicone and conventional hydrogel in polymer chemistry
- Expertise in the conception, formulation, optimization, automation, processing, characterization and manufacture of a unique silicone polymer composition of a specialty medical device including analytical chemical testing including gas and liquid chromatography, gel permeation chromatography (SEC), UV/Vis, FTIR, viscosity testing.
- Experienced in leading process improvement projects with the goal of enhancing robustness for commercial manufacturing.
- Extensive experience working in a GLP laboratory / facility environment. Knowledge of general GLPs, as well as good documentation practices.
- A "hands-on" leadership style that inspires a strong, cohesive, team-focused work environment.
- Creative technical skills that lead to innovative approaches to the development process.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to apply creative solutions to challenges.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed