The purpose of this position is to provide leadership and management for Surgical Customer Operations department to ensure excellence in customer service and support for our customers. This position includes responsibility for understanding internal and external customer needs to foster strong customer relationships and loyalty, translating these needs into business practices, and providing direction to the Customer Operations team for implementing and managing these practices.
· Provides direction and leadership for the Customer Operations function within Bausch + Lomb Surgical, including professional and career enhancing skills, determination of departmental goals, assignment of responsibilities and activities, establishment of employee performance expectations and measurement of performance outcomes.
· Responsible for departmental staffing activities such as recruiting, hiring and separation of employees. Collaborate with direct management and Human Resources function.
· Manage a team responsible for multiple aspects of Customer Support Operations, including set up and ongoing maintenance of customer account information, field consignment inventory of intraocular lenses and all associated processes, intake and recording of product complaints, facilitation of product returns, and direct customer support activities.
· Resolve customer issues and ensure that root causes are addressed by recommending corrective measures, such as process improvements and/or policy change. Ensure all customer interactions meet standard operating procedures. Follow all appropriate ethical, financial, quality, and regulatory standards.
· Work with cross-functional groups such as Sales, Marketing, Quality, Regulatory, and Distribution to achieve common business objectives and maintain compliance to established policies and processes.
· Must employ advanced customer service skills to be able to manage through stressful situations for internal and external customers by providing calm, consistent and highly professional approaches to problem identification and resolution. Must be able to adapt to situational factors for appropriate support.
· Maintain strong product and business knowledge to assist customers and drive continuous improvement in the customer care center for comprehensive support.
· Interact and communicate effectively with customers, sales representatives, product managers and other company departments to resolve complex issues and accomplish objectives established by company leadership.
· Must be able to learn, apply, and communicate technical and product information.
· Develop annual departmental cost center budget and responsibly manage spending throughout each fiscal year. Maintain a comprehensive awareness of the details within the budget as they relate to the business.
· Foster an environment of continuous improvement.
· Maintain knowledge of competition and competitive practices associated with job function and department focus.
· Other duties as assigned.
Scope of Position:
Responsible for tracking and management of field inventory
Team of 10+ employees
Internal Customers/Business Partners:
External Customers/Business Partners:
Surgical Customers –Administrative Personnel, possibly O.R. Personnel / Surgeons
Bachelor’s Degree in related field strongly preferred
Candidates with at least 10 years experience in Customer Service, Customer Operations management, or management in a directly related field may be considered in lieu of degree
Required Skills / Qualifications
With a Bachelor’s Degree - At least 5 years of Customer Service, Customer Operations management, or management in a related field.
Without a Bachelor’s Degree - At least 10 years of Customer Service, Customer Operations management, or management in a related field.
Healthcare industry experience is preferred.
Ophthalmic surgical industry experience is highly preferred.